ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Duty Station(s): Amhara (Bahir Dar)
Required Number: 2
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: 09/03/2021
The Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) has been established by the Government of Ethiopia (GoE) to identify and address systemic bottlenecks to Ethiopia’s agricultural development. The Agency does this through problem-solving, implementation support, and capacity building of stakeholders involved in implementation of interventions that address the systemic bottlenecks. The Agency reports to the Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources Development and is Secretary to the Transformation Council chaired by the Prime Minister.
The programmatic focus of the Agency responds to a core set of needs identified by the Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources Development and the Transformation Council. Within the Agency, issues are divided into four different pillars: Production and Productivity which includes Inputs and Crop Protection, Livestock, Research and Extension, Mechanization and Rural Finance; Environmentally Sustainable and Inclusive Agricultural Growth including Sustainable Irrigation and Watershed Management, Sustainable Land Management, Gender and Nutrition, Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation, Targeted Livelihood Support, Biodiversity and (temporarily) Planning and MLE; Agribusiness and Markets including Market Support Services, Commercial Farming, Agro-processing & Market Development, and Cooperatives Development; and Enhanced Implementation Capacity which includes ICT, Private Sector, and Organizational and Human Capacity. In addition, the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters Initiative is another critical focus area for the Agency. Across the programs, the ATA engages public, private and non-governmental stakeholders to support strategic planning, manage and strengthen implementation capacity and test innovative models.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
Drivers are responsible for the operation of all projects and operation various vehicles and for the safe and orderly transportation of passengers and goods to and from their destination. Work includes completion of daily inspection of vehicle status, fueling, weekly and monthly reports, interior and exterior cleaning of vehicle, maintaining accurate trip records, assisting user team, good communication skill, available at any time and any other related duties as assigned by the logistic manager.
- Inspect the vehicle daily prior to beginning route.
- Follow a prescribed checklist in reviewing the vehicle’s operational and safety features; records all repair needs/problems on checklist and report findings requiring immediate attention to mechanic.
- Completes check of all fluids and maintains proper level
- Maintain the cleanliness inside and outside of transit vehicle as required
- Maintains accurate daily trip logs and provides necessary data.
- Completes all records daily and follows reporting procedures as required
- Uses sound and email judgment in following dispatch instructions, being able to recognize, create, and follow logical sequences for pickup and drop-off of passengers in an efficient manner.
- Able to operate communication devices and keep regular contact with Dispatcher
- Observes all traffic laws, especially those related to public transportation; ensures that all passengers wear seat belts, mobility aids are properly secured and follow safety regulations.
- Maintain the confidentiality of passenger information
- Ability to drive a variety of passenger vehicles, including but not limited to vans, minivans, conversion vans, hardtop, automobiles, that may be diesel, gasoline.
- Must follow emergency procedures as instructed by Logistic Manager or Dispatcher
- 10th grade Complete and Valid minimum of 3rd grade driving license
- Must be able to accept and follow detailed instruction
- Must be with at least 3 years driving experience, with a good driving records
- Must be able to perform all duties associated with operating a vehicle
- Economical driving skill and good backgrounds
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, and against strict time constraints
- Work independently with minimal supervision and performs other duties as required and as per assigned by senior logistics manager or dispatcher
- Good skill in driving and safely and properly handling vehicle and goods.
- Ability to communicate in English
- Excellent interpersonal communications, relationship-building, and negotiation skills, especially when developing / maintaining contacts and working with staff within and outside the Agency.
- Willingness and experience in travelling to different parts of the country.
- Good interpersonal skills, adaptability, flexibility and ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent knowledge of the geographically assigned environment
- Good command of written and spoken English and Amharic
- Good Computer skills
- Innovative and problem-solving skills and capacity to deliver under pressure.
- Strong people and client relationship skills
- High level of commitment and working with minimal supervision
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter, (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages), and (iii) a completed ATA Application Form at http://apply.ata.gov.et/ or
Please email (i) cover letter, (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages) to Recruitment@ata.gov.et and include “Application for Driver, Specify the region of interest” in the subject line.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.