ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position: Senior Delivery Analyst, Regional Delivery Unit (Re-advert)
Term of Employment: One year with possibility of extension
Duty Station(s): Regional Bureau of Agriculture (Oromia)
Required Number: One
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: February 16, 2020
The Senior Delivery Analyst supports planning, problem-solving and analysis within the Regional Delivery Unit. The Senior Delivery Analyst will work directly with Agricultural Commercialization Cluster (ACC) and Transformation Agenda Deliverable (TAD) owners within the Regional Bureau of Agriculture to ensure meaningful planning and target setting, timely and accurate reporting, and rigorous and practical problem-solving. The person in this role will also work to strengthen the project management and analytical capacity of the ACC and TAD owners.
The Senior Delivery Analyst will report to the Manager of the Delivery Unit, and work with other Delivery Analysts and Senior Data & Reporting Officers and a technical team (ACC/TAD Program Leads and Specialists). The Delivery Unit is part of the Regional ATA Office vertical and will be embedded in the Regional Bureau of Agriculture. The successful candidate for this role will have superior analytical and communication skills and demonstrate focus and urgency in their work, along with a passion for both results and capacity building. We are applying private sector style rigor to major social issues that can transform Ethiopian society.
- Run a process to facilitate meaningful and timely planning and target-setting by project teams.
- Monitor activity management and reporting for the ACC and TAD, working closely with technical team.
- Work proactively and independently with project teams to identify strategic and operational issues hindering achievement of targets and support problem-solving to identify high-impact and feasible solutions.
- Ensure critical issues are effectively escalated to senior leadership.
- Provide analytical problem-solving support to senior leadership on high priority requests.
- Propose and support roll out of enhancements to planning, tracking, reporting and escalation processes in the Delivery Unit and work in collaboration with the Senior Data & Reporting Officer and technical team.
- Develop training materials and lead trainings on planning, activity management / execution, reporting and problem-solving, in collaboration with the Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Agriculture or Rural Development.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in Project Management, Strategy, Business Analysis, Business Development, Management Consulting, Project Design or other relevant fields.
- Proven record of structuring and delivering challenging projects, with data analysis, regular reporting, and independent troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Past work experience demonstrates strong results orientation in a high-performance culture.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Team player with excellent relationship management skills.
- Strong set of personal values including integrity, honesty and desire to be of service.
- Strong knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
- Communicates clearly, concisely and confidently in both English and Regional working language.
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages) to https://apply.ata.gov.et
Make sure to specify the Job Title and Region in the subject line of your application.
Please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.