Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency
ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position: Partnerships Manager
Term of Employment: One year with possibility of extension
Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa
Required Number: One
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: January 20, 2020
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoA), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
The Partnerships Manager will be a core member of the Partnerships team, working to create, maintain and facilitate effective partnerships between ATA and its partners. The Partnerships Manager will work closely with ATA’s Government and Development Partners. The Manager works closely with program teams and implementing partners in coordinating proposal development, partner solicitation, ensuring timely fund mobilization and reporting.
The Partnership Manager will report to the Director of Partnerships.
The specific duties of the Partnerships Manager will include the following:
- Identify, evaluate, and propose possible development partners that could support the ATA’s strategy and programs
- Support and participate in preparing the comprehensive resource mobilization strategy and its implementation plan
- Manage the partnership proposal development process in collaboration with program teams ensuring proper alignment with program objectives and agency priorities
- Lead the development of concept notes, and the proposal development processes in collaboration with program teams to ensure that they are properly coordinated and consistent with internal program priorities, cross-cutting issues and donor priorities and requirements
- Lead the timely submission of narrative reports in alignment with financial reports to respective development partners ensuring high quality
- Harmonize planning, budgeting, and reporting guidelines & templates for Development Partners (DPs) to align their support with priority areas
- Support the review of grant agreements and other binding documents and facilitate the signing
- Support the day-to-day engagement with development partners to build strong relationships
- Work with ATA’s Finance Team in the analysis of forecasts and financial allocation processes within ATA to meet program objectives and donor requirements
- Collaborate with the Finance team to establish financial data tracking and analysis for budgeting, monitoring, reporting and grant audit to meet program objectives and partner requirements
- Support the budget analysis and forecast process twice a year and provide input to the budgeting process in close consultation with the finance team
- Develop and manage a comprehensive database of donors to facilitate tracking of partnerships and outreach to potential partners
- Performs any other duties as assigned
- A Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Development or other relevant field of study, obtained from a recognized University
- More than six years of experience in the management of partnerships involving donors, of which two years should be in a senior position
- Experience in international development, including working in resource mobilization for multilateral and bilateral agencies, private foundations or NGOs
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex tasks involving multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in diverse, multicultural environment and to ability to work and deliver under pressure
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills with excellent attention to detail and high degree of personal initiative
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written, and fluency in English and Amharic
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages) to https://apply.ata.gov.et
It is mandatory to mention the position title in the subject line of your application email
Please DO NOT submit scans of educational and experience certificates with your application.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.