ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position: DU Manager, Regional Delivery Unit
Term of Employment: One year with possibility of extension
Duty Station(s): Regional Bureau of Agriculture (Amhara, Oromia, SNNP and Tigray)
Required Number: One per Region
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: January 26, 2020
The Manager leads planning, problem-solving and analysis within the Delivery Unit. The Manager will manage a core team composed of Senior Data Reporting Officer and Delivery Analysts. He/she will work directly with Agriculture Commercialization Cluster (ACC) and Transformation Agenda Deliverable (TAD) owners within the Regional Bureau of Agriculture to ensure meaningful planning and target setting, timely and accurate reporting, and rigorous and practical problem-solving. In addition, the Manager will lead provision of analytical support to senior leadership on high priority requests, including trend analysis, strategic planning and/or policy analysis.
The Manager will report to the Head of the Delivery Unit and work with the Senior Data & Reporting Officer and Delivery Analysts and a technical team (ACC/TAD Program Leads and Specialists). The Delivery Unit is part of the Regional ATA Office vertical and will be embedded in the respective Regional Bureau of Agriculture. The successful candidate for this role will have strong analytical and critical thinking skills, experience influencing others in large organizations to simplify, focus and have urgency, and a passion for both results and capacity building. We are applying private sector style rigor to major social issues that can transform Ethiopian society.
- Establish robust annual planning, target-setting and budgeting processes with ACC/TAD owners
- Develop regular performance monitoring routines with senior leadership, initiative owners and relevant stakeholders
- Support roll out of enhanced planning, project management and reporting tools, processes and systems to track and report on progress of priority activities
- Strengthen execution and day-to-day project and activity management capacity of the BoA staff
- Proactively identify and prioritize key issues and bottlenecks for ACC/TAD implementation, through discussions with implementing teams, reviewing reports and data analysis
- Lead problem-solving and solution development with the DU team, both for specific ACC/TAD and for high priority requests from the Regional BoA Head
- Collaborate with technical/agricultural colleagues, Project Management team, Performance Management team (planning and evaluations), Analytics team, or outside consultants as needed to solve more complex issues
- Manage Senior Delivery Analysts, supporting them with work planning and prioritization, clearing roadblocks, and skill building
- Work with the Head of Delivery Unit to develop materials and provide capacity building support on planning, activity management / execution, reporting and problem-solving
- Advise Senior Data & Reporting Officer on production of value-added reports for decision-making through analysis and synthesis of data, and provision of recommendations
- Support the Head of Delivery Unit to engage and align with the Planning Department at the BoA
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business management, business administration, project management economics, statistics, development studies or related. Agricultural field and/or master’s preferred.
- At least 6 years of experience with a master’s degree, or 8 years with a Bachelor’s degree, working in project management, strategy, business development, management consulting, project design or other relevant field, in the public, private and NGO sectors.
- Experience in both design/strategy and implementation/operations required. Experience in delivery management is desired.
- Excellent critical-thinking and analytical skills, with experience applying these for both strategy and implementation/operations.
- Strong team player with excellent relationship management, capacity building, facilitation, training and presentation skills, and a passion for change and delivery.
- Experience navigating complex organizations with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-starter with strong motivation, ownership and commitment to drive transformation.
- Can act as a champion for change and can effectively support change management efforts.
- Strong set of personal values including integrity, honesty and desire to be of service.
- Strong knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office Suite, and various program / project management and data and reporting systems.
- Fluency in English and Regional working languages required.
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages) to https://apply.ata.gov.et
Make sure to specify the Job Title and Region in the subject line of your application.
Please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.