ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position: Senior Data and Reporting Officer, Regional Delivery Unit (Re-advert)
Term of Employment: One year with possibility of extension
Duty Station(s): Tigray
Required Number: One
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: March 8, 2020
The Senior Data and Reporting Officer will report to the Manager of the Delivery Unit and focus on supporting design, development and roll out of enhanced planning, project management and reporting templates, tools, processes and systems. He/she will also focus on troubleshooting data collection and reporting tools, systems and activities, producing value added reports for decision-making through analysis and synthesis of data, and advising implementing partners on data and reporting activities required to support timely and effective reporting to senior leadership. The Data and Reporting Officer will be supported by senior ATA staff working in this area including receiving initial and ongoing training and regular guidance and coaching, and will also work closely with the Planning and Programming functions in each partner institution given the various touch points of these teams with the Delivery Unit.
Candidates for these roles must therefore bring an entrepreneurial, can-do attitude, and enjoy working in a fast-paced organization that is mission and results driven. They will have expertise with data collection, management, analysis, and reporting, including developing and/or supporting roll out and troubleshooting of new data and reporting tools, processes and systems, preferably in large organization and working senior leaders. The ideal individuals will also demonstrate strong attention to detail, and excellent written and verbal communication, problem-solving and project management skills. He/she will also exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, multitask and work under pressure and competing priorities.
- Working together with other DU staff, senior staff at ATA (regional and head office) and others, support design, development and roll out of enhanced planning, project management and reporting templates, tools, processes and systems, and serve as a liaison and resource person for the DUs and host institution staff in these areas.
- Troubleshoot data collection and reporting tools, systems and activities.
- Apply data analysis and statistical techniques to assess trends, forecast future performance, and generate insights from data.
- Producing value added reports for decision-making through analysis and synthesis of data, and provision of recommendations.
- Develop data management and information exchange manuals and guidelines for effective data collection, storage, analysis and interpretation.
- Serve as point person in the DU to track progress and provide support on data collection and reports preparation.
- Continuously monitor and identify challenges to timely, accurate and effective reporting, and propose and support implementation of enhancements to tools, processes and systems to address these challenges.
- Support engagement and alignment with the Planning and Programming functions in each host institution in the areas of data collection and management systems, data analysis and reporting.
- Advise DU host institution staff and implementing partners on data collection, management and reporting activities required to support timely and effective reporting to senior leadership.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in computer science, information systems, statistics, project management, business administration, or social sciences.
- At least 8 years of work experience with bachelor’s degree or 6 years of experience with master’s degree, with at least 2 years of this experience specifically focused on data collection, management, analysis and reporting activities in a large international NGO or private company setting.
- Experience with design, development and roll out of enhanced planning, project management and reporting templates, tools, processes and systems.
- Experience working with multiple types of data sources systems, tools and formats, extract, structure, process, analyse and synthesis data.
- Ideally experience preparing dashboards, performance reports and documents for senior leaders.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office Suite, and various program / project management and data and reporting systems, experience with database systems preferable.
- Self-starter with strong motivation, ownership and commitment to drive transformation.
- Exhibits an innovative and high-performance mindset and culture and can perform at a high level under pressure and in challenging environments.
- Can act as a champion for change and can effectively support change management efforts.
- Strong team player with excellent relationship building and management skill, ability to promote dialogue and communicate clearly and confidently, and a network of professional contacts.
- Proactively seeks and acts on feedback to drive own development and contributes to others’ development through active coaching and sharing knowledge and best practices.
- Strong set of personal values including integrity, honesty and desire to be of service.
- Fluency in English and Regional working languages required.
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages) to https://apply.ata.gov.et
Make sure to specify the Job Title and Region in the subject line of your application.
Please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.